Here are 20 very random facts that you probably don’t know about me. Well, you might if you’re close family or my best friend:
1. I’m a total night owl. I do my best work late at night. I love how still and quiet things are. I’d pick staying up late over waking up early in a heartbeat. I do however, wish I was capable of being a morning person but I just can’t get myself to do it.
2. I once spoke with Nancy Grace on Headline News. My mom and I always kept up with the latest happenings when I was growing up. I decided to call in one day and all of a sudden I was transferred onto live air and she was asking me questions! I was so pumped!
3. My favorite color is green. I decided this when I was in first grade when my mom told me that her favorite color was green. I remember feeling really conflicted because I loved the color blue but I wanted to be just like my mom. I truly love it now because it’s the colors of trees and grass and many things in nature.
4. I’m an only child but want 4 kids. I actually loved being an only child but as you can probably tell from my recent blog posts, (New Year, Fresh Focus and Cold Weather Date Ideas) I have serious baby fever. I just dream of having a chaotic, but love-filled, full house!
5. I’m obsessed with avocados. I love them in guacamole form, added into my smoothies, and my new favorite is on my onion bagels in the morning.
6. I love games. If you invite me over for a game night, I’m there. I just played the game “What Do You Meme?” the other day with some friends and we’ve decided that we are going to make our own version by getting pictures of each other for the next time we play! I can’t wait.
7. I spent a good majority of my childhood exploring on a blue golf cart. My dad had purchased a golf cart with a box on the back, that he mostly used for doing work around the house. My cousin and I would spend all day cruising around trails in the woods. We had strict boundaries to only go so far but we never listened. One time we decided to try out a new trail and popped out in another city!!
8. I literally never wear jeans. I guess that’s what happens after you birth some babies. I just don’t like how jeans feel anymore. I will occasionally wear a pair of jeggings but I’m all about my leggings! Comfy things are my favorite!
9. I was a thumb sucker for like, a long time. I think I actually sucked my thumb past the 2nd grade. I had a big space between my two front teeth that ended up closing and I never needed braces… so it all worked out!
10. I’m not a picky eater. The only things that I can think of that I don’t like, are peppers. I used to not like mushrooms or onions but since having kids I all of a sudden really like them!! People claim that your tastebuds change as you get older and I’m a solid believer.
11. I’m pro-public breastfeeding. A kid’s gotta eat!! I nurse my daughter wherever, whenever she wants. I’ve nursed her at family functions, sitting in a waiting room, at the store, on a walk, lunch with friends, talking with my doctor… I don’t care where you are or what you’re doing, no woman should feel embarrassed to feed her child!
12. I’m a Harry Potter geek. My husband and I are the biggest nerds when it comes to Harry Potter. We have Harry Potter pillowcases, mugs, drinking glasses, clothes and even underwear. We’ve got it bad.
13. I’m extremely outgoing. I’m the person that sparks up a conversation while standing in line or sitting in a waiting room. I love to converse with people because I’m genuinely interested and it brings me joy.
14. Branching off of that, I give out compliments like they’re going out of style. When I was younger, whenever I had something bad to say about someone (ex, “ugh, I don’t like _____, she was bugging me today at school”) my mom would make me say 3 nice things about them. It used to make me so mad but I’d always do it. By doing that, my overall mindset changed. I no longer made unkind comments, but instead, I notice things I like about people, all people, not just people that bugged me. So now, I compliment!
15. I love to sing and I’m pretty good at it. I belt out songs while doing chores, taking showers, driving in the car, you name it. One time while in the car my 2 year old daughter (who usually loves my singing) said “mama, be quiet, sissy’s sleeping.” My bad! I don’t even notice when I’m doing it anymore, it’s just part of who I am!
16. I’m married to my complete opposite. I am loud, short-tempered, outgoing, emotional, and I love people. My husband on the other hand is quiet, patient, calm, an introvert and most comfortable out in the woods.
17. I love to be organized. Looking around my life you’d never know it because I try to organize and work on a thousand things at once… I’m working on it!
18. I like health stuff. I enjoy making healthy choices when it comes to the foods that we eat and the products that we use but I have no self-control when it comes to sweets! I’m also working on that, as you can see in my New Year Goals post.
19. I don’t like wine or coffee. I’m totally in the minority, I know, but I just can’t. I can tolerate a Moscato or a coffee that is 90% creamer but I’m really not a fan.
20. One time, I finished an entire tube of chapstick. I’m not sure why I chose to end on this random fact but I guess I’m just proud of myself! I was so excited when I got to scratch it off of my bucket list! I also don’t know why it was on my list to begin with but you’d be surprised as to how hard it was to complete!