I want to start by saying that I’m seriously late jumping on the essential oil train.
My top 2 reasons for being hesitant:
- I was uneducated. I didn’t know what the point was. I knew they smelled good but the only people telling me how amazing their “powers” were, were the people trying to sell them to me.
- I didn’t know what I was exposing myself and my family to. I saw so many things about oils and their purity and the fact that you could be doing more harm than good if you chose the wrong ones. I was scared.
I gave up candles after I had my first daughter because sniffing anything that’s burning, is not exactly good for you. I missed a yummy scent in the air though so finally, when I got pregnant with my third baby I had to find a healthy alternative because the smell of my house was making me sick (oh pregnancy…).
I’m a research junkie so I spent days and days researching all that I could about oils. I was coming in as a skeptic so I was trying to find reasons why they didn’t work! Sure, I found some articles that were bashing them but the majority of what I found was extremely positive.
I wanted oils that I could TRUST. I didn’t want any extra chemicals in the air, and I wanted them to be safe for pregnancy, breastfeeding, and my children. I also didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg. In my opinion, I have found the most amazing, trusted company out there and yes… I’m also going to tell you how I got them for dirt cheap.
Not all essential oils are created equal, and neither are the companies that sell them. Drum roll…. It’s Plant Therapy!
Chris Jones, President of Plant Therapy Inc — “Our ultimate goal is not to be the largest essential oil company; it is to positively impact the lives of as many people as humanly possible. Ultimately, we feel this is possible only by providing our customers with an exceptional experience that keeps them coming back. By selling such a high quality product at an affordable price, we not only positively affect the lives of our customers, it also gives us the financial means by which we can help those who are less fortunate to live a happier, healthier, and more productive life.”
OKAY, now that I’ve bragged them up for their quality, it’s time for the really fun part – How I got them for CHEAP!
While I probably would order from their original oils, I really had my eye on their organic line, so that’s what I got!
Their organic standards:
- No GMOs: Genetically Modified Organisms are prohibited in organic products. This means that an organic farmer can’t plant GMO seeds and an organic producer can’t use any ingredients containing GMOs.
- Clean soil: The land where the products are grown must not have had any prohibited substances applied to it for at least 3 years before the harvest of an organic crop. Synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, irradiation, and genetic engineering may not be used.
- No harmful pesticides: Crop pests, weeds, and diseases are controlled primarily through physical, mechanical and biological efforts. If for some reason these methods are not working, a biological, botanical or synthetic substance that is approved on the National List may be used.
- All organic, all the way: Operations must use only organic seeds and other planting materials
I ended up getting 9 bottles of their organic oils for less than $60!!! I was able to get them for an average of $6.33 a bottle!
Here is the list of the ones I got:
- $29.95 – Organic set which came with Lemon, Lavender, Tea Tree, Sweet Orange, Eucalyptus, and Peppermint SET
- $11.95 – Frankincense
- $9.95- Cedar-wood
- $11.95 – Grapefruit
By getting the set, it saved me a ton of money compared to buying them all individually. Then, I signed up as a new customer (you will be prompted when you visit their site) which gave me a $10 off of $25 or more coupon code!
So, including the set of 6, plus the other 3 that I wanted, my total came to $57.03 (pictured below)
They also offer FREE shipping and FREE returns (within 90 days) so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain from these oils!
Click here to read about the oils I picked and what they’re used for!